Finding ways to come up with great first date conversation starters is often a huge challenge for most guys and girls.
You want to ask the right questions, and learn more about your date. But, you also want to avoid those uneasy moments, so keep the whole experience light and breezy. And, a tip, asking deep questions is definitely a no-go zone!
The best approach is to try to figure out some “get to know you questions”, and to avoid what could be misinterpreted as corny pick up lines.
Some Ideas For Great First Date Conversation Starters
Deciding which first date questions to ask can be tricky. Everyone tries to come up with unique conversation starters, but that’s not always possible.
So, to help out, you might want to use, or change up, any of the following fun first date conversation starters the next time you’re out on a date. You’ll learn more about the person you’re with, and still keep things lively and interesting.
• Do you sing in the shower?
• Do you like your job? Why or why not?
• What’s your favorite book?
• If you could live in any television show, what would it be?
• Would you ever appear on a reality T.V. show if you were given the chance?
• What is the first thing that you notice about a girl/guy?
• Who’s your favorite Muppet or Sesame Street character?
• What’s your favorite knock-knock joke?
• You learn that a virus is turning people into zombies. What’s the very first thing you do?
• What do you do to reduce stress?
• What’s your favorite commercial?
• What habit are you proudest of breaking?
• Do you believe in ghosts?
• If you could travel anywhere on vacation where would you go?
• Describe the best night of your life so far.
• If you had a time machine but could only travel to the future or the past (but not both), which would you pick? What year would you choose? Would you still go if you could never come back?
• If you could go any place in the world where would it be?
• What’s the best costume you’ve ever worn?
• What’s the worst date you’ve ever been on?
• Have you ever been in a food fight?
• What would make this place (the venue of your date) better?
• What would make your life better? (Think hard about using this one. It could open a can of worms!)
• If you had a million dollars to give to charity, who would you give it to, and why?
• Name three songs you know all the lyrics to.
• What was your best birthday growing up? Worst?
• If you could have one super power, what would it be?
• What’s your favorite Broadway musical, stage show, etc.?
• What are you most scared of? Why?
• If you could live in another country, which one would it be? Why?
• What’s your favorite movie?
• If you could only eat one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be?
The key for good conversation ice breakers is not only to learn more about a person, but also to share your own answers to the questions. This is where you can discover if there’s some common ground, or compatibility between you and your new date.
Also, be prepared with an answer for any question you might ask. There will be times when your date will ask what your response would be. Don’t be scared to share!
Generally, as things start moving along, you’ll want to keep the conversation going. Listen to your date’s answers, and use them as a springboard for more random questions. Above all, try to relax. Keep in mind that a good conversation is all about enjoying each other’s company.
Go to the effort to put together some first date conversation starters, it could be the catalyst of a beautiful relationship. And, if you need more help, here’s another 101 ice-breakers ready for you to use!